This brand new medical conference provides advanced guidance on how to treat and manage patients who have anxiety disorders.
In mental health and primary care practices, patients with anxiety disorders are not only common, they often need more of your time and resources to manage their conditions. There are many evidence-based pharmacologic and behavioral treatment options, yet practice measures show that patient outcomes often do not meet expected or desired levels of improvement.
During this event, our faculty focus on advanced concepts that go far beyond the basics. Their guidance is 100% practical and ready for use in any primary care and mental health setting.
Reenergize your practice and apply new skills to:
- Enhance how you use cognitive interventions
- Address many specific comorbidities, such as sleep, cardiac and GI disorders
- Use advanced psychopharmacology for all anxiety disorders and related conditions
- Navigate medical conditions affected by anxiety, and vice versa
- Improve outcomes for patients who have anxiety
This is an ideal event for all clinicians in primary care practices that treat patients who have anxiety. It is also ideal for psychiatrists, psychologists, nursing professionals, and others on their practice teams.
By the end of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify rational, evidence-based pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies for patients with anxiety disorders.
- Demonstrate the ability to discuss second- and third-line treatments following an unsuccessful first SSRI trial.
- Discuss the developmental trajectories of anxiety.
- Compare the assessment, psychopharmacology, and evidence-based psychotherapies for panic disorder, PTSD, OCD and related disorders, and somatoform disorders.
- Review the course of medical conditions as they are affected by anxiety.
- Recognize advanced CBT strategies and when to apply them.
Super Early Bird Registration (on or before April 19, 2019): $595.00
Early Bird Registration (on or before July 13, 2019): $645.00
Regular Registration (after July 13, 2019): $745.00
Other Professionals or Trainees
Super Early Bird Registration (on or before April 19, 2019): $495.00
Early Bird Registration (on or before July 13, 2019): $545.00
Regular Registration (after July 13, 2019): $645.00
On or before September 27, 2019: $29.00
After September 27, 2019: $45.00
The conference syllabus is a printed book with all slide presentations and space to take notes adjacent to each slide.
As an alternative to purchasing a conference syllabus, we provide all attendees with completely free access to all slide presentations in digital PDF format prior to the conference. Free wi-fi is also available throughout the conference. This is an environmentally friendly alternative and helps keep costs lower for all attendees.
We may offer a limited supply of the conference syllabus for purchase on-site, however we cannot guarantee the price or availability. We highly recommend purchasing a syllabus in advance if you want one.
A refund minus a $100.00 administrative fee will be issued for refund requests received by September 21, 2019. No refunds will be issued for refund requests made after September 21, 2019. Payments made may not be applied to future conferences or other educational activities. There are no exceptions to these policies.
A limited number of rooms have been reserved at Disney's Contemporary Resort at a discounted rate starting at $299 (plus state and local taxes) per night. The rooms are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To book a room, please call (407) 824-1000 and specify that you are attending the Massachusetts General Hospital Anxiety Meeting 2019.
Attendees must book their stay by September 15, 2019 to receive the group rate.
We offer other live conferences on various facets of mental health in addition to the conference you are currently viewing.